Start with a strong 1st line, could be a question, a greeting, a request, a provocative statement
And a Bridge with a pay-off Answer to the initial question, the turnaround (a reversal of the title), a twist (the ending was different than one expected), or A moral reflection of your 1st line.
- What’s Love Got to Do With It?
- Hello, darkness my old friend.
- Are you going to SF?
- “It’s so relieving / To know that you’re leaving as soon as you get paid.”
- “Please allow me to introduce myself / I’m a man of wealth and taste.”
- “Hey kids, shake it loose together / The spotlight’s hitting something that’s been known to change the weather.”